D.A.R.K. CLAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D.A.R.K. CLAN

Deadly And Ready 2 Kill... This Site Is Home to Dark Clan

HomeHome  Portal 1Portal 1  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Call of Duty 4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darksidesplit2
Leader
Darksidesplit2

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:51 am

Feel Free to share any knowledge or ask any questions about call of duty 4 here.
Joe
A.K.A. DarksideSplit
Back to top Go down
http://www.dark-clan.forumotion.com
SkullSplitterNr1
Site Admin
SkullSplitterNr1

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:27 pm

Well I know A LOT of glitches in old school but I never play ranked old school matches. But maybe I could show them to you guys.
Back to top Go down
https://dark-clan.forumotion.com
Darksidesplit2
Leader
Darksidesplit2

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Attention:::   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:54 am

Something i wanted to bring to everyones attention on COD4 is the experiance and prestiage system. I have found that as you presteige more you will be ranked against harder competion to match your levels and also gain less match bonus experiance. Something to keep in mind if your getting your butt kicked maybe hold off on the presteige for a second till you feel your doing well then step it up.
Although the new badge looks good. Up to you guys becouse alos playing harder competion makes you better yourself.Most of all have fun.
Joe
A.K.A Darksidesplit.
Back to top Go down
NecromancysSoul
Gr8 Member
Gr8 Member
NecromancysSoul

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:25 pm

Alright so I was guessing I should post some stuff I learned while playing..

The more EXP you gain the hard players you will be matched up against regardless if your prestiege or what...

An easy way to get head shots is to use stun grenades and run up to the side of your victim and pop him in the head.. (AIM FOR THE HELMET) There are a lot of complaints that you hit someone in the head (face) and it doesn't count.. Face shots count 50% of the time.. Helmet shots count more (not sure if this was fixed so confirm if possible) (NOTE: this is how I gained every golden weapon on every class.. 150 headshots on all firearms)

Some maps with glitches such as crossfire cant really be done unless you use a rocket jump.. This works for crossfire..

Silencers don't really cut down range.. just makes it hard to aim..

Claymores should be placed on the side or in front of the door leaving some distance.. The beams activate regardless so if you put the claymore too close your victim can just jump over the trap..

C4 is best placed in odd places.. ex. Under cars, under tables, on the ceiling, on top of lockers, above doors.. and so forth.. these places are very rarely checked and you can keep a room clear for a while by causing some chaos like this.

In team games.. People need to learn how to work together.. Keep certain areas blocked off in order to funnel victims in a choke point.. Ive seen this done properly and I have seen a perfect win..

When you see host ends game you can see the who the host is by looking at the scoreboard and the person with the highest connection is the host 80% of the time.

Bullet time is exists on this game.. Unlike other games where bullets are instant this game the bullet actually travels so when sniping a moving target try to calculate quickly how your distance to the victim.. the speed of the bullet and aim where your victim is going.. if you miss see how far off and retry..

I am tired so ill add more later.. But that is just a few stuff I picked up from playing..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/scarletcoldtomb
Mindmelta718
Gr8 Member
Gr8 Member
Mindmelta718

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:59 pm

NecromancysSoul wrote:

In team games.. People need to learn how to work together.. Keep certain areas blocked off in order to funnel victims in a choke point.. Ive seen this done properly and I have seen a perfect win..

That is something that we need to practice.

Good post fam..
Back to top Go down
NecromancysSoul
Gr8 Member
Gr8 Member
NecromancysSoul

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:12 pm

Alright I am back with more tips and stuff..

A team seems to do worse when getting crushed (I guess its a psychological thing) If you have one person on your team using a double noob tube class disheartening them ever chance possible your chances of winning increases.. Same goes if you have a few snipers nailing our victims left and right.. A team just can't function when they cant stay on their feet and they just don't try after a while..

On Kill House (bonus map) you can get on top of the cargo containers by climbing up the tower in the center and jumping on the red container next to it.. Than jump to the nearest container from there.. Just watch the left and right far houses and grenades. But other than that it makes a nice ambush area to trash some unsuspecting victims..

RPD or Grenades Launcher + Sonic Boom = Good Fun Twisted Evil

Using the perks Stopping Power and Steady Aim are really good when using a Light Machine Gun and/or Sub Machine Gun (Uzi is my fav lol! ) and coming up real close.. I have destroyed entire teams by getting them in a choke point and unloading hot lead down that corridor.. Just watch your flanks or have a friend watch your flanks and grenades and your good to go..

In the map Creek (bonus map) in the canyon opposite side of the water fall you will see a shadow area near the cave with a ladder.. You can climb up on these rafters making a nice sniping spot to nail some wandering victims as they try to come and flank your other team mates.. or if you just want to piss other people off.. But watch out.. If you kill too many too fast they will began to attack you with the entire team hoping to take you out..

In the countdown there are a lot of ambush places if the team works together properly..

Airstrike it brutal if called on the keypoints of the map rather than where the enemy was.. Ex? I was on pipeline with a team and my team was holding off a chokepoint.. The enemies were back behind the chokepoint but rather than airstriking them there I moved it forward where they were going to be.. I nuked them all and got a helicopter and afterwards got a 20 kill streak Twisted Evil Another example is nuke the most fought over point in domination.. Nuke the enemies target after one of your teammates plants the bomb..

In domination YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE ALL THREE POINTS!! Lets break this down a little.. you have Alpha Beta Charlie.. You need the most points to win.. That 2 out of 3 you need to hold to win.. Now its easier for an ENTIRE team to keep two points then having them try to take 3.. Need more? Okay lets break this down even more.. Lets say you have 6 members in each team.. if your trying to hold each point you need to break your team to 2 people each squad.. If you try to hold 2 points you break your team to 3 squad members... 3 squad members can hold off a point better than 2... One goes down in a 3 man team two can hold off until the 3rd returns.. Yeah alright enough rambling..

Well im tired more tips to be added later.. What a Face
Back to top Go down
SkullSplitterNr1
Site Admin
SkullSplitterNr1

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Domination is my fav type. And its true you only need two flags at a time. A great idea is to have 2-3 people run at Bravo and capture it while the enemy is still at Charlie. This does not work in all maps and only on one team but its good to get the upper hand.

Last edited by SkullSplitterNr1 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darksidesplit2
Leader
Darksidesplit2

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Deep Impact   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:56 pm

Im a big fan of deep impact never really like it at first but im finding more and more ways it makes itself useful in certian boards. I love using it with the M-16, It makes picking snipers off a breeze, if they dip back behind a wall lite the wall up, the crosshairs will change when you actually hit them to an x looking shape. in vacancy ive noticed when they are in the warehouse room that if you go to the side where the metel shed is and watch the red dots on U.A.V. you can lite the walls up for kill after kill. little trick i use when were getting our ass's whooped from trying to pile in that entrance. also the back room in vacancy if you watch the dots and the enemy is respawning there blast through the walls. Also ive found that the Big Boy machine guns will penatrate the walls nicley without deep impact so in that case somothing else could be used.as for wet work deep impact is almost useless as well as the M-16 which is why i get my ass whooped on that level, try a shotgun or MP-5 with marytor grenades.
Joe
A.K.A. DarksideSplit
Back to top Go down
SkullSplitterNr1
Site Admin
SkullSplitterNr1

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 5:44 pm

DarkSideSplit wrote:
Try a shotgun or MP-5 with Martyrdom grenades
Never Ever EVER encourage some1 to use martyrdom Evil or Very Mad It ruins the game especially in Shipment.
Do Not Ever Use Martydom!!!! Except if you are a n00b geek
Back to top Go down
NecromancysSoul
Gr8 Member
Gr8 Member
NecromancysSoul

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:42 pm

SkullSplitterNr1 wrote:
DarkSideSplit wrote:
Try a shotgun or MP-5 with Martyrdom grenades
Never Ever EVER encourage some1 to use martyrdom Evil or Very Mad It ruins the game especially in Shipment.
Do Not Ever Use Martydom!!!! Except if you are a n00b geek

I have to disagree with you on that one.. it is there for a reason.. If your getting killed by martydom over and over that could be the reason you hate it so much.. while 70% of CoD uses it on at least on of their classes you can't say that more than half of CoD is a "n00b".

Kills wins games.. Despite what tactics you use..
Back to top Go down
SkullSplitterNr1
Site Admin
SkullSplitterNr1

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:47 pm

NecromancysSoul wrote:

I have to disagree with you on that one.. it is there for a reason.. If your getting killed by martydom over and over that could be the reason you hate it so much.. while 70% of CoD uses it on at least on of their classes you can't say that more than half of CoD is a "n00b".

Kills wins games.. Despite what tactics you use..

Well my argument is this: When you get better at CoD4 you get better at shooting and you use better tactics. What kind of tactic is dying and hope u get lucky? Bad tactic.
And kills dont win domination or sabotage.... although they certainly help.
Back to top Go down
NecromancysSoul
Gr8 Member
Gr8 Member
NecromancysSoul

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:00 pm

I have to disagree kills always wins the game in some form or shape..

And dropping a grenade can be used in a tactic just have to know how to use it. (even though I don't use it because I don't see the need)

I am just saying that we should look at all angles of war not just the obvious ones. Twisted Evil

Hail DARK

What a Face
Back to top Go down
SkullSplitterNr1
Site Admin
SkullSplitterNr1

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:27 pm

Yeah. I think martyrdom is intended for those who dont use last stand or steady aim as a kind of bonus but it gets sooooooo frustrating in shipment Sad Thats why im so angry. Shipment is otherwise a fine map and martyrdom OK.
Back to top Go down
NecromancysSoul
Gr8 Member
Gr8 Member
NecromancysSoul

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:56 am

SkullSplitterNr1 wrote:
Yeah. I think martyrdom is intended for those who dont use last stand or steady aim as a kind of bonus but it gets sooooooo frustrating in shipment Sad Thats why im so angry. Shipment is otherwise a fine map and martyrdom OK.

Yeah it is frustrating but not as frustrating as the 3xGrenades perk on shipment! Omg!! Especially if two people have it, that's 6 grenades being chunked at you.. That's like all your teams grenades being thrown at you.. and than if 3 or 4 people have it! That's 9 -12 grenades!! You can't dodge all those! I tried..

And that's not that bad.. Juggy! Yes I had to bring it up because that perk will piss me off more than anything on CoD

What a Face
Back to top Go down
SkullSplitterNr1
Site Admin
SkullSplitterNr1

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Yeah frag x3 is the only thing I h8 more than martyrdom. Jugg is only annoying when Im sniping.
Som1 runs past and I manage to hit him perfecly but he still lives because of juggernaut. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Call of Duty 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 4   Call of Duty 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty 4
Page 1 of 1